Wednesday, March 01, 2006

If I had your head

*This poem was composed, on the spot, by me and my dear ex-colleague Andy, in our then office (Room 221). The poem is so delightful, I instantly saved it in Word. This followed a discussion we had about I can't remember what. The only thing I can remember is that he was well impressed with my head and felt so inspired that he started a verse saying:*

If I had your head
I’d be lying on a beach in the Med
Surrounded by bonny women+
Drinking Baccardi# and being nuts fed
But instead
Am in Knutsford (read Nutsfed)
Lying on this shitty bed
Drinking water and eating bread
I’ve lost my head
I’m off to bed

+ The beauty of this verse is that it is as versatile as the potential reader's sexuality (am not implying anything here). Depending on whether you are man/woman, you can use either "bonny women" or " groovy fit men"

# I tend to favour "iced tea" here, but Andy likes Baccardi and other alcoholic beverages.

Knutsford is where Andy is living currently.

No comments: