Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sick Duck in Muck

*This masterpiece was inspired by my lovely friend and ex-colleague Andy, while we were having one of our 100 a day venting-off sessions about non-existent job satisfaction and career prospects.*

I am sick of my job
I want something new, exciting, full stop
Research is nothing but a big gob
And I no longer want to be part of the mob

I just feel like a sick duck
Who's stuck
In a pond of muck,
Don't say's alright chuck,
`Cause I know nobody gives a *uck!
Where's my luck?
Looks like it ran away in a truck

But Mama says it's all for the best
Everything is only just a test
So I should give it a rest
Live, laugh and build my nest
Avoid stress for it's like the pest
And then life will regain its zest



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahahahahaha! Poor mate is a bit confused...

Anonymous said...

As you say and I fully agree-This poem is a landmark...

Vanny said...

Indeed. I think that the desperation and frustration often experienced by researchers could only be compared to the feelings of a sick duck in muck.

Hazar Nesimi said...

Oh well , what about crazy daisy in a haze?

Anonymous said...

No, it'll have to be crazy daisy in a hazy