Sunday, June 17, 2007

Birthdays

I have always really wondered
Why humans mark their birthdays
Whereas things like monkeys and bread
Don't seem to notice fleeting weekdays
What is there to celebrate or dread
You fools; it's just one among days and days
Why should the day you were born be paid
A special treatment? What have you accomplished, it says
Coming to this life! you answered
So it rolls away in histerics of disbelief at your face
Seems you really buy into it eh you eejit, so you've been bred
If I were a birth day I'd also laugh with malice and grace
But I am one to whom a birth day arrives and makes fed
With cakes, drinks, surrounded by loved ones and candle rays
And that's why it's an excuse to mock about and hold a fête!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Happy Birthday Sunshine!

Vanny said...

Thanks luv! Have you received the birthday card I sent you? The email I used was desactivated, I found out later. Hope you still got it!